- Dyscalculia means difficulty in learning arithmetic, such as difficulty in understanding numbers, and learning maths facts.
- What comes after a million, billion and trillion?
- Different names for the number 0
- Zero is the only number that cannot be represented in Roman numeral.
- The name 'zero' derives from the Arabic word sifr which also gave us the English word 'cipher' meaning 'a secret way of writing' .
- The = sign ("equal to sign") was invented by 16th Century Welsh mathematician Robert Recorde, who was fed up with writing "is equal to" in his equations.
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- The word "FRACTION" derives from the Latin " fractio - to break"
- How to remember the value of pi (π) ?
value of π = 3.1415926
This can be remembered by remembering the statement 'May I have a large container of coffee' The number of letters in each word - 3.1415926, which is the value of pi.